|bunch of minor things, grouped together with value judgments:
||[Jun. 8th, 2004|02:16 am]
1) I saw the Billy Nayer Show tonight! whee! only about 30 people in the audience- why does Seattle not recognize the genius of Cory? Also got their DVD of early films (which I already have on VHS) that has a bunch of "bootleg" live footage( which I have not seen). As I have been a fan of this band (that only like 6 of my friends have even heard of) for 10 years now, and I wept when they left San Francisco (okay not really, but I could have), and they rarely tour, seeing them was a happy thing.
2) I'm seeing the Thinking Fellers in Portland this weekend, who also lately rarely tour.
3) I got a big bunch of yardwork done this weekend, like the responsible homo-wner I am. I have a lilac tree now. yay.
1) I arrived late to the show and missed about 1/2 of it.
2) As I bought the DVD from Bachelor Bob Bachelor, I knelt in gum whilst weearing my favorite pair of jeans. yuck. luckily it appears to be responding to the goo-gone.
3) I came home after work (but before the show) to find Elzar had eaten a pair of my slippers and peed on the floor. As I was gone 9-10 hours today, I can't blame him too much for the latter (I have no idea how long a housebroken dog can hold out), but the slippers portends an infinite universe of Stuff He Might Chew If In Reach.
4) Mr. Belonging-to-Wilson almost burned down their house Sunday by (I kid you not) building a fire in the fireplace and then getting confused and instead of lighting the fire, lighting the stockpile of toilet paper in a nearby cupboard. I heard the smoke detector go off and assumed he'd forgotten to open the flue (I do this myself more often than not), and then shortly smelled the odor of charred and wet paper wafting up the nearby chimney. Later in the day, he asked me if I knew how to fix his lawnmower (which he asked me 2 weeks ago as well) and then if I knew a good local repair shop for the lawnmower (considering he's lived in the neighborhood about 48 years to my 1.1, I find this a baffling question; if he doesn't know, why would I?)
Things of indeterminate goodness or badness:
1) dog now unafraid of basement stairs and followed me down there as I went to get laundry
2) offer to win fabulous soup prizes again thwarted by schedule conflicts.